The South of Market sun shines brightly on the Folsom Street Fair this weekend
Come to the SoMa Leadership Council for all the latest news on Leather Week and the “main event,” California’s third largest annual outdoor event, the world famous Folsom Street Fair. If this beautiful weather continues to hold, the forecast is for acres of sun-kissed flesh in our midst. And, if you have any complaints about that, they will be duly noted. Efforts to protect and honor the long history of the LGBTQ community, as well as our good friends in the Filipino community, will be discussed as we introduce the Social Heritage District proposals that accompany the Western SoMa Community Plan.
Jeff Adachi, the city’s controversial Public Defender and late entry into the Mayor’s race, will make an appearance at tomorrow’s SoMa Leadership Council meeting too. The Mayor’s office presented their arguments in support of Prop C, the so-called “city family” pension reform measure, several months ago. Adachi will contrast Ed Lee’s proposal with Prop D.
- DNA Lounge expansion proposal: consider motion to support the project
- Nulty brothers tribute: consider authorizing a certificate of appreciation
- Folsom Street Fair: the events and the issues
- Social Heritage Districts: honoring the LGBTQ and Filipino communities’ historic role in South of Market
- Pension reform: special guest Jeff Adachi contrasts Prop D with the “city family” proposal
- New business